Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grand Finales

May is the month of Goodbyes. . .
UCCS spring semester ended the second week of May as I wrapped up my last one on ones, Bible study night, and finished with a pre-summer BBQ.


Here we are filing up water balloons next to the homemade slip n slide at the BBQ.

My Bible Study full of incredible women learning to apply the Word to their lives!

After UCCS came to a close, I attended my third EDGE training Summit in Colorado Springs. Here I joined 130 of my fellow EDGErs who serve on college campus around the US to learn more about discipleship and laboring. In between sessions we played frisbee, ate delicious food, and shared hilarious stories.

Rachel, Nicole, me, and Helen rest in the grass of Glen Eyrie during a break.

A day in Denver with fellow EDGErs.

McDonald's bathroom in Denver needed "tokens" to unlock the door. We stood outside waiting for someone to let us in only to find out the door was never locked.
Nicki and Rebecca, fellow EDGErs smile as we find out no tokens necessary.

The end of EDGE Summit also meant goodbye to my EDGE Corps teammate, Lindsey, who will be venturing off to Alabama for the next step of her life. My favorite ministry activity with Lindsey was going into the dorms and building relationships with freshmen.

Lindsey and I at a Denver Nuggets game in April.
Now the Summer adventures with The Navigators begin!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh dearest Lo!! I love it, the Black Hole that is! I miss you already Laurainna! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Kristin said...

I love you! Please know I'm praying for your trip and your heart and your life! Thanks so much for being just as you are, and for a wonderful Bible study this semester!
Oh, and Rebecca is definitely in Japan, too. With Becky. And me. Cool beans.