Monday, January 19, 2009

And We're Off!

The 2009 UCCS Spring semester begins tomorrow! Soon the parking lots will be filled with cars, the smell of Jazzman's coffee will again float through the University Center, study rooms in the library occupied by all those single individuals will be commandeered by members of the Prayer Team. It will be grand.

With all this buzz of activity means I need to figure out my semester schedule and start making plans. Even thinking of that task makes me break out into some form of hives. Yes, I have allergic reactions even to the thought of making a schedule. It's quite difficult to sit down and set in stone your course of action when one works with college students who's schedules are akin to a newborn's (you know, frequent naps, frequent feedings, awake during the wee hours of the night, play dates, drooling. . .ok, maybe not drooling).

Prayers are appreciated as I contact the women I mentor and set up our one on ones, and plan the material for the Investigative Bible Discussion, and plan all the little interactions with students throughout my week. Whew!

Come back soon to see how I made it through my first week back! Perhaps there will be evidence of these schedule induced hives!! :)

This is what my head feels like when I think about making a schedule. (This is actually from an Eagle Lake Extended Version day last January where we let children play with stacks of newspaper. . .another form of recycling, and a great way to make your eye twitch.)

No comments: