Friday, September 4, 2009

Summer Time: Bite-Sized Highlights

Describing the events and of Snow Mountain Ranch Summer Training Program 2009 would certainly send anyone into a spiritual coma and make them late to work, so I've decided to boil down STP into a few bite sized highlights to encourage you and get your heart racing down the track of thanksgiving.



Highlight One: The Students!!
I had the privilege of training 75 students from various college campuses! They were hilarious and so much fun to be around. They also possessed incredible hearts and teachable spirits.
I loved sharing meals with them!


Highlight Two: Hannah and Laura
These are the women I met with one on one all summer. They were Team Leaders and had a great responsibility in passing on all the tools they learned to their team members. I loved meeting with Hannah and Laura and discussing life and the Bible with them over icecream and walks.


Highlight Three: Serving the Students!

Here Jamie, Leigh Ann, and I are making S'mores for the students. Our campfire got rained out but that didn't ruin our fun! I also helped run our student ministry Nav Night and set up various events all summer to encourage and bless the students.



Highlight Four: Baptizing Robyn!

Robyn is a freshman from UCCS who just became a believer this spring. She decided to come to STP this summer to learn more about God and at the end of the summer she approached me and my teammate, Jamie, asking us if we would baptize her. Robyn is a joy!




Highlight Five: UCCS STUDENTS!

We had 14 UCCS students come to STP this summer!! How fantastic is that! I was praying for four to come! These students learned incredible tools on how to disciple, serve, lead, share Christ, and work hard and now they are back on campus living out what they learned.

No comments: