Sunday, September 27, 2009

Flowers in the In-Box

Yes, I am a girl, but I did grow up with a brother and one Christmas he received one of those matchbox car tracks that had these little battery operated rubber wheels that provided continual propulsion of the miniature vehicle through the course. For hours you could watch the little red convertibles and the yellow dump trucks cruise the track and just when it would lose a bit of momentum, the little rubber wheels would send it speeding forward once again.

I believe God is always with us and he is always at work, but sometimes we forget it or we don’t feel it. And we slow down, but at just the right moment God lets us in on a little work that he’s been doing that fills us with courage to keep running in life.

If you’ve been a part of my life and ministry you have heard about Christina, my UCCS friend, who came to Jesus last fall and is beginning to walk a brisk pace down his path. God gave me a little push this morning to remind me, and hopefully you, that our labor in Him is not in vain.

Hey Lauren-I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you meeting with
me one on one to learn more about the bible and Jesus. I know that life is busy
for you and I so greatly appreciate you taking time to meet with me!! I love our
time together and I have so much fun with you!!! Thank you so much again for
meeting with me and taking time to hang. I have learned so much from you and
your different lessons and for that I am forever grateful. Thank you for
everything that you do and I love chilling with you!! You are one of the most
amazing people I have ever met. Enjoy your Sunday and get some sunshine today!
(it will remind you of FL...he he he) Christina
This email was more delicious to my soul than a Sunday morning large buttery Lucille’s biscuit (even with rhubarb jam). It was like a bouquet of flowers in my in-box from God telling me, I love you, and I am using you to bring glory to my name.

God, thank you for the flowers, and may you continue to send them my way and the way of my friends at just the right time
.

No comments: